My Blog List

Monday, March 16, 2015

EPT Question

"You only live once, now that this time, do what your heart desires but don't get your hopes up"- Elizabeth Prejean. If you read the following, you will know what I mean . . . "When (Michael) Jordan was cut from the (high school) varsity team, he was devastated. His mother says, "I told him to go back and discipline himself" (Dweck, Mindset Ch. 4). I agree with the point that Dweck is making because I used to do the same thing with my high school band. I can understand what he went through. 

Everyday since my freshmen year, I stayed after school from 3:15 until 6:00 or 7:00 at night all year, preparing for my second year. Before all of that in the summer . . . One month before school started . . . Band camp. We recruited new members and got started learning drill and music for the field show. Everyone got up at 6 in the morning at school EARLY, practice ended at 6 or 7, only getting one hour to eat for lunch. I had to admit, it was hard work and commitment but it paid off in the end.  

My second year, we did a field show based on our country- America. Whole being in band, I learned many ways that I could be with everyone as a whole and as an individual. I learned teamwork, that your job is just as important than everyone else's, make new friends, most of all . . . Have fun. Only of it could be lie that again . . . You can say it was "a once and a life time thing,"  it was. 

Now I am not in band, no it's not what you thought of what happened by getting kicked out . . . I had to make the best choice for my situation it was either 1) I stay in band when there is all new freshmen that doesn't know anything or 2) get myself out of there. I chose option 2. 

I realized for the last five years, I have been suffering and I am now free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment