My Blog List

Monday, March 16, 2015

Found Poem

Torture, Night and Day . . . Will it ever End? -From Night by Elie Wiesel, translated by Stella Rodway

'Fire! Fire!'
That's all I had heard on this trip from Czechoslovak to Auschwitz . . . 
The pain of her cries drowned herself in misery . . . Including mine 
When she yelled again, 'Look at the fire! Flames, flames everywhere . . .'
No one believed her . . . Not until a few nights later 
With everyone not believing her, her son did. 

The wagon had stopped, we have all arrived in the center of Auschwitz- Birkenau . . . 
Father and I had been sent to a camp in Poland called Buna . . . 
I had no idea what happened to Mom and Auntie, I tried to ask Father, he wouldn't say . . . 

Yesterday, I was with my family . . . 
Today, I'm only with my Father . . . The pain only started, the game is going to be played against the Nazi and Jewish . . .  
Let the games begin!
SS Doctors, tapping the pen along the clipboard, there could only be one thing . . . Our numbers
'We can begin!' As if this were a game to us . . .
It's matter of life and death at Buna and was about to get worse . . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment