My Blog List

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

What is an American?

An American is someone that was either born in the US or migrated here, anytime (and get their citizenship). My mother (who is my great aunt) was born in St. Louis and moved to Dallas, Texas when she was young. She met some amazing people in her life, the creator of "Lays". She also met my Grandmaster when she was in college, Grand Master Chung. Now, he's my Grandmaster and he is excellent on what he does. My mother has great stories to tells, for instance, when my Uncle Edwin was here (before he died), he was a Native American. Mom told me that got sick easily and she took care of him with help of Uncle Louis. Another time was when she was in her childhood friend that she knew since she was 11. They've been friends and that bond they have is strong. That is what America should be . . .

2 comments:

  1. I loved how you talked about your background. Gave information about where her mother is from and overall gave amazing descriptions too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between my mother and I, its just one of those things that we never actually talked about. I mean yes, I tried bringing up the subject but she always "puts it off" until later . . . I may never know. Thank you for the advice.

      Delete